STARZPLAY turns comedic storytelling on its head in Rafael Casal & Daveed Diggs’ BLINDSPOTTING premiere on June 13
STARZPLAY releases official trailer and poster for new comedy series with Emmy Award® Winner Jasmine Cephas Jones and Oscar® Winner Helen Hunt
STARZPLAYSTARZ, the official international premium streaming service, today released the official trailer and poster for its new comedy series “Blindspotting, »Created and produced by Rafael Casal (“The Good Lord Bird”, Bad Education) and Daveed Diggs (“Snowpiercer”, Hamilton), who both starred in the film in addition to writing and producing it. The new original STARZ series will premiere on Sunday June 13 at STARZPLAY across its entire footprint in Europe, Latin America and Japan, as well as in the United States and Canada on all STARZ platforms. “Blindspotting” will also make its world premiere debut as the Tribeca Film Festival Official Selection on Friday, June 11.
“BlindspottingPicks up six months after the film and focuses on Ashley, who nibbles at the heels of a middle-class life in Oakland until Miles, her 12-year-old partner and father of their son, is suddenly jailed, leaving her behind. navigate a chaotic and humorous existential crisis when she is forced to move in with Miles’ mother and half-sister.
The stars of the series Jasmine Cephas Jones (“#FreeRayshawn,” Hamilton) as “Ashley”; Benjamin turner (recording artist) as “Earl”, who just got out of jail, wearing an ankle monitor and just trying to kill time and stay low; Candace Nicholas-Lippman (“Good Trouble”) as “Janelle”, Ashley’s close friend who has just returned to the neighborhood after spending many years in Bali; Jaylen barron (“Shameless”, “Free Reign”) as “Trish”, Miles’ half-sister, who might be wilder than him; Atticus woodward (“Shameless”) as “Sean”, the sweet, intelligent and energetic son of Ashley and Miles; Helen Hunt (“Crazy of you,” Tornado) as “Rainey”, Miles’ mother who holds strong opinions and holds family first; and Rafael Casal who is reprising his role of “Miles”, Ashley’s traveling companion for 12 years and father of their son.
Snoot Entertainment’s Jess Wu Calder and Keith Calder (One night in Miami, Anomalisa), reunites with Casal and Diggs as executive producers of the series after the quartet spent nearly a decade working to bring the feature to life. Emily Gerson Saines, Ken Lee and Tim Palen of Barnyard Projects are also executive producers. The series is produced for Starz by Lionsgate Television.
STARZPLAY subscribers have access to an exclusive range of premium programming, including the STARZ Original limited series “The Spanish Princess” and the explosive second chapter of the “Power” universe, “Power Book II: Ghost” starring Mary J. Blige on same day launch in the United States; limited series of stars like “The Stand” based on the bestselling Stephen King novel and the upcoming “Dr. Death”; Emmy®-Series such as the stimulating millennial comedy “Ramy” by Muslim-American comedian Ramy Youssef, period drama “The Great” with Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult, and the award-winning series “The Act” with Academy Award® The winner Patricia Arquette and Joey King; plus a library of blockbuster movies with thousands of titles.
How to access STARZPLAY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM:
- the STARZPLAY app for iOs and Android is available for download on iPhone and iPad, as well as a wide range of Android compatible devices. Up to four users can simultaneously watch and enjoy offline downloads of select shows and movies. Users of the app can enjoy personalized show and movie recommendations based on users’ previous viewing interests and select their preferred language for audio or subtitles.
- STARZPLAY is available on PRIME VIDEO CHANNELS via the Prime Video app to watch anytime, anywhere on smart TVs, iOS and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and game consoles and on the web.
- Subscribers to the STARZPLAY channel on the APPLE TV app can watch online or enjoy offline downloads of their favorite shows and movies available through STARZPLAY, available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs.
- VIRGIN TV customers who add the STARZPLAY subscription to their package will be able to view the content by pressing Home on their V6 remote control, then clicking on On demand then on Boxes.
- STARZPLAY is available on ROKU® AND ROKU TV ™ STREAMING PLAYERS models.
- STARZPLAY is accessible via the RAKUTEN TV application preinstalled on smart TVs and its branded remote control from major TV manufacturers, allowing users direct access to the platform.
Find STARZPLAY on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Starz continues to grow its global footprint with its continued expansion of the international premium streaming platform Starzplay. Starzplay’s rapid expansion to more than 55 countries since its launch in May 2018 is driven by its ability to provide subscribers with access to “the best of global SVOD”. The content offering includes the entire STARZ premium content catalog, with upcoming STARZ Originals airing exclusively on STARZPLAY day in and day out with the United States, award-winning and critically acclaimed exclusive series and an extensive library of feature films to success . STARZPLAY is available through its direct-to-consumer app in 13 countries; on global digital broadcasting services, multichannel video distributors, telecommunications companies; and other online and digital platforms across its footprint in Canada, Europe, India, Indonesia, Japan and Latin America.
By combining the premium STARZ global subscription platform with world-class film and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and diverse portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are supported by a library of 17,000 titles and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original and relevant entertainment for the audiences it serves around the world.