If you love creating and sharing photo collages, why not try it on your Instagram story? In this read, we will tell you the top 5 ways to create a photo collage for your Instagram stories. Meanwhile, you can also learn how to use recorded audio on Instagram Story.
Also, Read | How to Add Clickable Links in Instagram Stories, Bio, Dm, Video Posts and Reels
Ways to Make Photo Collage for Instagram Story
Create a collage using Instagram stickers
Instagram has recently updated its app to provide a brand new feature to add collages to your Instagram story using stickers. By using this method, you can instantly add and create photo collages with many photos. Follow these steps to quickly create a collage for your Instagram story.
- Open Instagram on your device and tap the Your story icon located in the upper left corner of the application.
- Choose picture you want to select as background picture for your photo collage.
- Now press the To add sticker icon present next to the text icon.
- Scroll down to locate the gallery sticker and press it.
- Browse and choose the first photo you want to use in your photo collage.
- You can zoom in or zoom out the photo to get the orientation you want using the pinch gesture.
- Repeat this process to add as many photos as you want to complete your photo collage creation.
- When you’re done creating your collage, tap the Your story button to add this photo collage to your story.
Use layouts to create collages for your story
The Instagram app also provides some pre-made layouts for its users to create photo collage while creating stories. You can use these layouts to instantly add your photos to create artistic collages. Follow these steps to create your own photo collage using the Instagram app.
- Open the instagram app on your phone and swipe left to open your device’s camera.
- press the down arrow in the left sidebar to expand all available options and press Arrangement.
- choose your desired layout from the list of predefined layouts.
- Now press the Add media icon in the bottom left corner of the app screen to add photos to this pre-made layout for your collage. You can also click snapshots using your camera here to add them to your collage.
- Tap the check mark icon to finalize your photo collage and press the Your story button to post it as your Instagram story.
- Congratulation. You have successfully created a photo collage using Instagram’s pre-made layouts.
Use the Google Photos app to create collages
Google’s popular app to manage all your photos in one place i.e. Google Photos app also offers the option to create collages using your photos. You can use this feature to create beautiful artistic collages and then post them to your Instagram profile as a story. Follow these steps to get the same result.
- Open the Google Photos app on your device. If you can’t find the app, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
- In the Photos app, tap the Library Option.
- Then press the Utilities Option to open it.
- Scroll down to locate the Create a new option and press Bonding to start creating your own photo collage.
- Press your desired photos choose them to create your collage using the app. press the create a button in the upper right corner to instantly generate your collage from the selected photos.
- That’s it. You have successfully created your photo montage using the Google Photos app.
- To share this pasted image on Instagram as a story, tap the share icon and press the Story options inside the share with tab.
You should also check out our in-depth guide to hiding photos in Google Photos.
Try third-party apps to create a collage
You can also use some third-party apps on devices running Android and iOS to create your own. photo collages and video slideshows. One such popular application to achieve this is called InShot Video Editor and Creator. Follow these simple steps to create your own collage using this app.
- Open Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your smartphone and search for the Inshot video editor and creator app to download it.
- Provide the necessary access permissions after opening the app.
- To create your own photo collage, tap the Collage button.
- choose your desired photos from the gallery tab to use in the collage.
- You can also choose your arrangement browsing through all the available layouts.
- The Inshot app also offers a wide range of border styles and tweaks to give your collage an artistic appearance.
- You can additionally refine your image by applying various image adjustments and filters according to your preferences.
- Tap the Save button in the top right corner of the app screen to save your final photo collage.
- You can post this collage to your Instagram story by choosing it from your device gallery or press the Instagram icon in the share section of the Inshot app to directly share your photo collage to your profile as a story.
Create video slideshow for your Instagram story
This application also allows you to create a video slideshow of your favorite photos.
- Tap the Video Option on the app home page to start creating video slideshow.
- To choose your desired photos to make a slideshow.
- On the next page, edit your video slideshow and add desired effects and adjustments such as sticker, text, filters, etc.
- Tap the Save button at the top to save the video slideshow to your device.
- You can share this video slideshow to your Instagram story by selecting it from your device gallery.
Bonus tip: use free online tools like Canva to create collages
You can also use free online tools like Canva to create your own fabulous photo collage in seconds. Follow these simple steps to create your own collage using this method.
- Open a new tab in your web browser and navigate to the Canva website.
- Create your new account on Canva or log in to the app using your social credentials.
- Click on the Photo Collage Option to start creating a new collage.
- Browse the different models available in the left sidebar and choose your favorite template by clicking on it.
- Click on the Downloads button in the left sidebar and further press the Download Media button to upload your desired photos to make a collage.
- Drag your downloaded photos to the workspace to organize your photo collage. Once you are done editing it, click the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the website.
- Click on the Download button to download your finished photo collage.
- Congratulation. You have successfully created your own photo collage with Canva.
- You can now use this image to post it as your Instagram story.
Also, Learn | 3 Ways to Save Instagram Live Videos or Download Later
Recap: Create Collages in Instagram Stories
We hope you have now learned how to create your own artistic photo collages for your Instagram stories. If this 2 minute read helped spark your creativity on Instagram, hit the lke button and share it with your friends. Stay tuned for more informative guides.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.